Knowledge for Growth event website
On Thursday 7 May 2009, FlandersBio organised its annual life sciences convention "Knowledge for Growth". A one day event with scientific lectures targeted at participants in biotech, medical technology and pharma companies.
- Arrange the day programme of this event in clear overview that can be managed easily via a content management system.
- Provide a user-friendly solution for online registration of participants, sponsors and exhibitors.
- ExpressionEngine was tailored to the specific needs for this project, enabling sponsors and exhibitors to upload their company details in the CMS. After an approval and or edit of the Flandersbio webmaster, all content was used throughout the website.
- Widgets were used throughout the site to attract visitors attention. In the back end of the CMS we implemented a specific widget panel, allowing the webmaster to toggle widgets for every page in the website.
- To simplify the process for exhibitors to reserve a booth we included a floor plan in Flash. ExpressionEngine was used to handle all booth reservation details fully automatic.
- The ExpressionEngine database is used by Flandersbio to maintain all registration details and can be exported to .csv files for printing badges for example.